1. The chocolate’s smell increases theta waves in brain that induce relaxation.
2. At some point Winston Churchill was in danger when Nazi planned assassination for him by exploding chocolate bar.
3. Dark chocolate is believed to help in weight loss.
4. ‘Cadbury’ the English chocolate brand made the first chocolate bar in the world in 1842.
5. Chocolate also helps in controlling and preventing cough.
6. Chocolate has antioxidants that keeps you young.
7. Approximately 70% of cocoa is produced in Africa.
8. In 1941 M;M was created so that soldiers can also enjoy chocolates without melting.
9. The famous blood shower scene in movie Psycho, chocolate syrup was used.
10. On Thorntons 100th birthday, they created the world’s largest chocolate bar, it weighed about 5,792 kg.
11. For pregnant women chocolates are good, it cheers up mood and reduces stress.
12. July 7 is celebrated as World Chocolate day.
13. Dark chocolate is considered healthier than other chocolates because it contain less sugar and more cocoa.
14. It is a myth that the chocolate has lots of caffeine.
15. The person who created chocolate chip cookie sold his idea to Nestle in exchange of lifetime supply of chocolate.
16. Dark chocolate reduces the chances of heart attack.
17. There are many cosmetic products in which chocolate is added because it improves the skin.
18. The cocoa tree can grow for 2 centuries.
19. About 60 million children work in Africa in plantation of growing cocoa beans.
20. chocolate has a much stronger effect on women than on men.
21. US, Germany, Switzerland and Belgium are the top four countries of the world for production of chocolate.
22. The famous Napoleon used to carry chocolate with him all the time, he eat it when he needed energy boost.
23. There are four different type of chocolates-dark, white, blond and milk.
24. Chocolate produced around $ 83.2 billion every year.
25. Swizz chocolates are the most famous chocolates in the world.
26. 400 cocoa beans are needed to make one-pound chocolate.
27. Cocoa trees are productive for approximately 25 years.
28. In America the total chocolate consumption per year is 2.8 billion pounds.
29. 3 musketeers bar actually had three flavors- chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, but strawberry was dropped out because of high price.
30. Chocolate milk was invented in 1700s in the Jamaica.
31. Chocolates were so precious and valued so much that in Ancient Mesoamerica it was used as currency.
32. White chocolate is not a chocolate because it does not contain cocoa solid or cocoa liquor.
33. Chocolate can be painkiller.
34. There is about 50 mg of caffeine in a average chocolate bar.
35. “Theobroma cacao,” is the scientific name for cocoa tree which means ‘Cocoa, food of Gods’.
36. Europeans consumes more than half of the chocolate produced in the world.
37. Chocolate has compound that can kill dogs.
38. Canadian kids in 1947 went on strike when the price of chocolates was increased from 5 to 8 cents.
39. Women has more craving for chocolate than men.
40. Chocolate milk is good post-workout recovery drink.
41. Cocoa trees were first discovered in Central America, South America and part of Mexico.
42. Chocolate as the central theme is used in many movies like ‘Charlie and the Chocolate factory’ and others.
43. Hershey’s kisses are called so because the machine makes the sound while manufacturing the chocolate.
44. Chocolate has about 600 different flavor compounds which gives different aromas.
45. At the time of Revolutionary War, sometimes the soldiers were paid in the form of chocolate.
46. The famous Hershey’s make about 70 million Hershey’s kisses a day.
47. Over consumption of chocolate can be fatal for humans.
48. Solid chocolate was invented by two British confectioners in 1847. They made it by mixing cocoa butter, cocoa liquor and sugar.
49. There are researches which suggests that chocolate can help to fight against intestinal cancer.
50. Cocoa is rich in copper, potassium, iron, magnesium, calcium.
51. 7 billion chocolate chips are eaten annually.
52. A study in 2013, found out that, chocolate fragrance in the bookstore increases the book sale.
53. 7th July is celebrated as World’s Chocolate Day.
54. Chocolate has high fat content but surprisingly, it doesn’t raise blood cholesterol level.
55. The world chocolate is believed to be derived from Aztec word xocolatl which means ‘bitter water’.
56. Chocolate has some compounds that helps to prevent brain damage at the time of stroke.
57. Probably chocolate is the only compound that melts at slightly lower temperature than our body temperature.
58. In ancient times, chocolate was served as a drink.
59. German chocolate is called so not because it is made in Germany but because the inventor name is Sam German.
60. There was limited edition of Lays chips dipped in milk chocolate.